Suggested Destinations for Amira:
1) Russell Island: tranquil and picturesque noted for its local flora and fauna, arts communities, Sunday markets, yoga, local artists, restaurants and Clubs. The island also has some scenic bushwalks with lush vegetation & a unique botanical garden. Russell Island is undergoing a booming popular re-emergence both with tourists and home buyers. Amira is based at Russell Island and if you choose to stay on the mooring with its private sandy beach current local charter, rates are 15% cheaper.
2) Coochiemudlo Island: One of the most scenic of the Moreton Bay Islands surrounded by sandy beaches and has cafes, restaurants and Bars. It has easy access by tender to the beach.
3) Peel Island: Small, heritage listed island with a beautiful white sandy beach and crystal clear waters perfect for swimming or snorkelling around the Peel Island ship wrecks. Peel Island is considered one of the most popular destinations for Boatie enthusiasts. Safe Anchorage in all conditions except for southerly winds. Perfect for day-trippers as there are no facilities on the island.
4) Little Ships Club also adjacent to Peel Island it is located on the waterfront of the picturesque One Mile anchorage on North Stradbroke Island. A great place to go ashore to explore North Stradbroke Islands facilities.
5) Canaipa Point: Lovely Peaceful sandy beach on Nth Stradbroke Island & Canaipa Point providing safe anchorage in all weather conditions. Perfect for a tranquil getaway in a bush setting.
6) Slipping Sands: Located on the Southern Shores of North Stradbroke Island. It provides safe anchorage in a very picturesque Lagoon. This idyllic destination is great for families as you can sand board from the golden sand dunes into the water’s edge. The area offers great fishing, crabbing, swimming and beach walks.
7) Jumpinpin/Millionaires Row: At the top of South Stradbroke Island the beauty of Jumpinpin rivals Whitehaven Beach for its stunning scenery. Amira will anchor in an area called Millionaires Row just to the South of the Lagoon at Jumpinpin. This is the most popular destinations for Boaties on the Gold Coast for overnight stays. It is famous for its pure white sands, crystal clear waters and lagoons. It’s an easy walk across the sand dunes where you can take in the magnificent panoramic views of the Gold Coast to the ocean beach. A walk north to the Jumpinpin channel is a hugely popular locale for fishing. Plenty of Bream, Taylor, Whiting, Flathead, and Trevally are on offer. The anchorage is safe and is close to shore where you can sunbathe, swim and relax.
8) Tipplers Resort: For those who want lots of social activities Amira can anchor opposite Tipplers Resort and is the place to be for a party. There are Bars and Restaurants at the Resorts and you can walk to Couran Cove Resort or to the ocean.